Google to Offer Tensorflow Training at AI Frontiers Conference
On November 11 at the AI Frontiers Conference in San Jose Convention Center, California, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) will present full-day training on image understanding with TensorFlow.
Image understanding is an AI technique that interprets images to figure out its context, including what the objects are, their spatial relationship to each other, and so on. It is now playing an essential role in numerous fields, for example, from Facebook automatically creating hashtags for your photos to personal album organization on your smartphones.
With increasing adoption of image understanding across various services and products, the industry now demands a large number of talents who can master the skills of image understanding.
Paring with Google machine learning library TensorFlow and AI accelerator application-specific integrated circuit TPUs, GCP is now one of the best cloud platforms for AI researchers. It also offers both pre-trained models via an API and the ability to build custom models using AutoML Vision to provide flexibility depending on different use case.
This advanced course on TensorFlow will include five sections:
- Different strategies for building an image classifier using linear models, deep neural networks, and convolutional neural networks;
- Improving the model’s accuracy with augmentation, feature extraction, and fine-tuning hyper-parameters while trying to avoid overfitting our data;
- Dealing with Data Scarcity;
- Training more in-depth and more accurate neural networks while dealing with practical issues that arise, for example, when you don’t have enough data and how to incorporate the latest research findings into our models;
- Experimenting with pre-built image models on Google Cloud Platform, such as the Cloud Vision API and AutoML Vision.
The training course has some prerequisites: Basic SQL, familiarity with Python and TensorFlow. Attendees unpracticed in TensorFlow can take this Coursera course before attending this boot camp: https://www.coursera.org/learn/serverless-machine-learning-gcp
AI Frontiers Conference brings together AI thought leaders to showcase cutting-edge research and products. This year, our speakers include: Ilya Sutskever (Founder of OpenAI), Jay Yagnik (VP of Google AI), Kai-Fu Lee(CEO of Sinovation), Mario Munich (SVP of iRobot), Quoc Le (Google Brain), Pieter Abbeel (Professor of UC Berkeley) and more.