This Policy (“Policy”) describes the privacy practices of AI Frontiers Conference (“AI Frontiers”), and governs how we collect, store, process, transfer, use, and protect personal information collected from and about you. This Policy applies to the websites that we own and that display or link to this Policy, including the websites located at aifrontiers.com. This Policy also applies to your access to these websites via mobile devices. This Policy does not apply to any AI Frontiers websites, products or services that display or link to their own privacy policies, or that do not link to or display this Policy.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns about this Policy.
As used in this Policy, personal Information (“PI”) means information that can be directly associated with you (such as your name, email address, telephone number or billing information), or information about activities directly linked to you (such as products, services, or conference admissions that you have purchased). You agree that you will not provide us with the PI of anyone other than yourself unless you first obtain the consent of the person on whose behalf you will be providing PI to us.
We collect PI in the following ways:
When you contact or communicate with AI Frontiers, we may gather PI such as your name, age, physical address, email address and phone number.
When you participate in a promotional offer (such as a trial subscription) and/or purchase products or services, we may gather PI regarding the offer that you participate in, and any products or services that you purchase, as well as payment information.
When you make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter, participate in communities or an event, program, or click on a URL, we may gather user preferences, product interests, industry focus, community choices and other customer profile information.
Our website offers publicly accessible areas where users may contribute content and other information. Any PI that you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). As participation in these surveys is voluntary, you need not provide this information if you do not participate.
Certain products and services, such as our mobile conference applications, may connect and transmit telemetry and system/product data to us or our authorized agents. This data may include, but is not limited to, system model, mobile carrier, operating system, host ID, location, IP address and other information used to collect aggregate data on app usage, downloads, sessions, and frequency of use.
We use this information to manage and administer our products, services and events, and as the basis for advising you of the availability of updates and new versions, providing testing and monitoring of services provided to you, enhancing our products and services, and improving and targeting our communications with you.
When using our mobile applications we may collect your geo-location data in order to help provide you with conference services near you. If you have previously consented to the collection of your geo-location and no longer wish to have it used, you can turn it off at the device level.
Most browsers allow you to remove and block cookies and web beacons. If you do so, you will need to re-enter your user name and password to access certain parts of our websites and you will only have access to generic content that is not focused on your specific interests. Also, you may not be able to use certain website features or take full advantage of our offerings.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
From time-to-time we may receive information from other sources, such as commercial contact lists or companies that we acquire, and we may combine that information with information previously collected, including information collected in connection with your use and interaction with our other products, services, and websites.
We use PI to conduct business, provide information and support for products and services, improve our understanding of your needs and interests, develop and improve our services and products, and personalize communications. Examples include:
- Advising you of relevant promotions, products, services, and news about AI Frontiers and affiliated third parties
- Processing and fulfilling orders
- Responding to customer service requests
- Creating and monitoring accounts
- Conducting market research projects
- Analyzing how our products and services are used
- Personalizing content and advertising
- Monitoring our services in order to prevent and identify unauthorized content use and violations of our end user agreements
- Planning and forecasting
- Maintaining legal compliance
- Preventing fraud and prohibited or illegal activities
We use information collected directly from you in order to monitor website traffic, personalize our website, and to improve our website and mobile applications.
We will not sell your information to third party companies for their promotional use, however we may share with or disclose your PI to:
- Companies related to AI Frontiers, in order to support business and marketing processes.
- Service providers and suppliers, who are authorized to use PI only as necessary to provide services to us. For example, we use a third party payment processor to bill you for purchases of goods and services, and an email service provider to send communications to you on our behalf.
- Sponsors of events, products, or services that we make available to you, and organizations with whom we make co-branded events, products or services available (the sponsors and co-branding participants are identified when you provide PI to us in the course of registering for the event including participant listings, purchasing or signing up to receive the product or service, or when you otherwise indicate to us that you are going to participate in, purchase, or take advantage of the co-branded offering).
- Government agencies, law enforcement agencies and others, based on a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law.
- The buyer or other transferee, if AI Frontiers or portion of our business is sold or transferred (in which case you will be notified via a notice on our website of the sale or transfer, any related changes regarding uses of your PI, and any choices that you may have regarding your PI).
- Other third parties for purposes to which you have consented
- Other users of and participants in of our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages, comment fields and other social network environments, to the extent of any PI that is posted there by you or by someone else whom you have authorized to do so.
Our website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of AI Frontiers. If you submit PI to any of those websites, your information is governed by their privacy policies, which we encourage you to review carefully.
We may share with or disclose your PI as necessary, if we suspect a violation of our policies or to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Information, such as your public profile and information or material (including images) that you in the course of your participation in public or community events and activities make available via our sites, and aggregated or anonymized information, may be shared by us without restriction. You acknowledge that when you make information or material public in the course of participating in public or community activities, we are not responsible for its collection by others, or their subsequent use of it.
We provide notice about our use of PI in this Policy, in our web pages, and in other locations where we collect PI. You can choose whether or not to provide PI to us. If you choose not to provide PI, you may not be able to take advantage of certain offers, options, website features, events and services that depend upon accurate PI.
To request the removal of your PI, please see the “Access and Accuracy” section of this Policy. That section also contains information about making changes with respect to some specific aspects of our website and your website activities.
We will only share PI with third parties if those third parties provide an adequate level of data protection to help ensure the security of personal data.
AI Frontiers uses administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of PI against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, we use standard security protocols and mechanisms (such as secure socket layer [SSL] encryption) to transmit sensitive data such as payment details.